Going through a severe car accident can be life-changing. You will face a lot of physical pain and emotional stress after a major car crash. Medical bills and property damage can also lead to significant financial losses. If you were hurt in a wreck, you deserve to be paid for your injuries and damages.
Our winning personal injury team, led by attorney Jon Ostroff, has helped thousands of car accident victims obtain compensation for their injuries. For example:
- Ostroff Godshall Injury and Accident Lawyers was able to prove that the at-fault truck driver was on his cell phone when he slammed our client’s vehicle at a major intersection in Allentown. As a result of the recklessness of this distracted driver, our Lehigh Valley client sustained a head injury. Within a year of this crash, we obtained $900,000 for her.
- Our 23-year-old client was employed at JB Hunt in Bethlehem, when he was injured in a truck crash that occurred in Lehigh Valley, just north of Allentown. His leg was badly broken and required surgery to repair. After uncovering 3 different insurance policies that we could pursue payment from for this client, we were able to recover $800,000 for him within 9 months of his crash.
- Our attorneys won a $500,000 settlement in 2020 for an Allentown resident who suffered spine injuries after being rear-ended by a negligent driver in an Enterprise rental car.
These three recent cases involve only a few of the many Lehigh Valley clients we have helped over the past 30 years, recovering many millions of dollars for those we serve.
If you or a loved one were hurt in a car wreck, Ostroff Godshall Injury and Accident Lawyers will file a legal claim on your behalf. Reach out to our Allentown car accident lawyers today to learn what we can do for you.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Allentown
There are many inherent risks to driving, which is why there are laws in place to keep motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists safe. However, the driving becomes much more dangerous when motorists ignore the rules of the road. Some of the most common causes of car crashes include:
- Distracted driving
- Intoxicated driving
- Fatigued driving
- Failure to yield
- Failure to check blind spots
Some accidents are not related to negligent or reckless driving. Collisions may stem from faulty auto parts or road defects. Our experienced lawyers can help you determine the exact cause of your car accident.
Determining Fault for a Collision
Pennsylvania is a no-fault insurance state. This means that each driver can seek benefits from their own insurance company, no matter who is responsible for the accident. This does not affect your right to settle with, or sue, the at-fault driver for your injuries.
Potentially Liable Parties
It is not always the other driver who may be found responsible for an accident. Corporations can bear fault as well. For example, our lawyers may determine that a claim should be filed against the other driver’s employer, because they ignored their driver’s poor driving record, past drug use or forced them to drive while fatigued. In other situations, we will investigate a lawsuit against Penn DOT if a Lehigh Valley roadway was improperly designed or maintained and this led to a crash. Our seasoned lawyers can help you identify and pursue the responsible party or parties in your vehicle collision case.
Types of Damages in an Auto Accident Case
The losses you suffer due to an accident are known as “damages.” Our well-known attorneys can help you recover payment for both economic and non-economic damages after your auto wreck. You could win compensation for losses such as:
- Medical expenses
- Lost past and future wages
- Loss of financial or business opportunities
- Property damage
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of life’s pleasures
Working with a skilled lawyer from Ostroff Godshall Injury and Accident Lawyers can significantly improve your chances of getting paid adequately for your injuries.
Time Limit for Filing a Car Crash Lawsuit
According to the statute of limitations detailed in 42 Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes § 5524, you must file your lawsuit within two years of a car accident. If you miss this deadline, the case cannot be pursued and will be dismissed if filed.
Discuss a Car Accident Case with an Allentown Car Accident Attorney
After a severe car crash, you may have to deal with high medical bills, property damage, and physical disabilities. If someone else caused your accident, you should reach out to our law firm right away.
Our Allentown car accident lawyers can walk you through the legal process and help you hold the other party responsible. Call us today to set up a free consultation with an attorney.