When you suffer injuries due to the carelessness or recklessness of another person, you deserve to be paid for your physical and emotional injuries, as well as your financial losses. Suffering from your injuries, incurring high medical bills, losing time at your job and losing substantial wages, and the inability to enjoy recreational activities, will all severely impact you and your family. Our Blue Bell personal injury lawyers will help you recover all that you’re entitled to from the at-fault party to help get your life back on track.
At Ostroff Godshall Injury and Accident Lawyers, we have represented over 300,000 injured parties and won verdicts and settlements across all 67 counties in Pennsylvania. We have been able to resolve some cases in only a few months. For example:
- Managing Partner Rich Godshall and our team won a $400,000 settlement in less than 45 days of being retained, for a client who was forced to undergo hip surgery after a highway crash.
- Founding Partner Jon Ostroff recovered $3.5 million in a lawsuit against an apartment complex that employed a man whostruck young girl who was riding her bike near her home.
- Rich Godshall recovered $800,000 in a lawsuit filed on behalf of a man injured and requiring back surgery, after being injured in a recent crash on Route 202.
No matter what type of accident you were in, speak to a lawyer at Ostroff Godshall Injury and Accident Lawyers to learn more about your legal options after you’ve been injured in a crash.
Types of Personal Injury Claims
A personal injury lawsuit is part of the legal process used to seek payment after being injured in an accident caused by another party. Many types of accidents could result in a personal injury claim and a financial recovery. Some of the most common types of cases include:
Analyzing and understanding the type of accident you were in can help you and your local attorney prove fault in your injury case and pursue compensation for all of the financial and physical harm you suffered.
Understanding Legal Negligence in Blue Bell
Most personal injury claims are based on negligence. You must prove another party is at fault in order to receive compensation for your injuries. Establishing negligence requires the injured party has the burden of demonstrating:
- The other party was negligent or reckless;
- That these actions were the direct cause of your accident;
- That you suffered physical or financial harm as a result of the accident.
A Blue Bell attorney well-versed in personal injury law can help you establish the critical elements of negligence in your case.
Compensation Available in a Legal Case
If you and your attorney can successfully prove negligence, you can collect compensation for your various economic and non-economic losses. This compensation is known as “damages.” Our award-winning accident attorneys in Blue Bell can help you obtain these damages:
- Pain and suffering
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost business opportunities
- Property damage
- Loss of support and companionship
- Funeral and burial expenses in wrongful death claims
The amount of compensation you can recover depends on the details of the accident and the severity of your injuries.
Legal Time Limits on Filing a Case
Under 42 Pennsylvania Consolidated States § 5524, specific time limits apply to personal injury claims. In almost all circumstances, you must file your lawsuit within two years of the date of your accident. If you do not file in time, you will lose the ability to pursue a damages award in your case. A skilled attorney can help you file your personal injury case soon after your accident to preserve your right to compensation.
Reach Out to a Blue Bell Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you have been injured due to the negligent actions of another person, you deserve to be paid for your losses. The legal process can be complex, but our Blue Bell personal injury lawyers are here to guide you through it. Contact Ostroff Godshall Injury and Accident Lawyers today to set up a free consultation.