Pennsylvania law specifically outlines the rules for going through intersections or merging onto highways to minimize the risk of collisions. Unfortunately, many people don’t follow these rules out of either recklessness or carelessness. Either way, their irresponsible actions may make them legally liable for the effects of any wreck their misconduct causes.
Getting the compensation you need after a side-impact car accident in Norristown can be harder than you might expect, especially without legal counsel. The seasoned attorneys at Ostroff Godshall Injury and Accident Lawyers can provide the tireless support and representation you need to get paid fairly for your losses.
Who is at Fault for a T-Bone Accident?
Someone who acts recklessly or carelessly may be found “negligent” and legally liable for a side-impact car accident in Norristown. Almost every personal injury claim in Pennsylvania is built on the legal theory of negligence. Put simply, someone is “negligent”—and therefore liable to pay for the harm they directly cause someone else—if the following are true:
- They had a “duty of care” requiring them to act responsibly under specific circumstances—for example, the duty all drivers have to obey traffic laws and watch out for other cars and people.
- They “breached” their duty through a specific irresponsible or illegal act, like running a red light or driving while distracted.
- Their breach of duty was the main cause of a traffic accident that likely wouldn’t have happened otherwise.
- The accident was the main cause of another person’s injury that required professional medical care.
Importantly, the person named “defendant” in a personal injury claim isn’t the only one who can be found liable for the accident and related injuries. If you are found partially at fault for causing or worsening your own losses, you may have the value of your final damage award proportionally reduced. Working with an experienced lawyer is crucial to getting full compensation after a side-impact collision in Norristown.
Getting Paid Fairly for a Side-Impact Accident
A comprehensive lawsuit or settlement demand can account for past and future losses the side-impact accident will cause you to suffer. This can include economic and non-economic forms of harm, such as:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional and psychological trauma
- Loss of life’s pleasures
- Medical bills
- Car repair or replacement costs, plus other out-of-pocket expenses like rental car fees
- Lost work wages or ability to work in the future
However, state law may limit your right to file suit, depending on your insurance type and the severity of your injuries. Discuss your legal options with a Norristown lawyer skilled at handling T-bone collision cases.
Contact a Norristown Attorney for Help After a Side-Impact Car Accident
Even with modern technology and safety features, cars aren’t really built to withstand impacts directly into their doors or side paneling. Crashes involving one vehicle plowing into the side of another tend to have devastating consequences, as experienced car accident attorneys know all too well.
At Ostroff Godshall Injury and Accident Lawyers, we know how to demand fair compensation for people hurt in side-impact car accidents in Norristown. In a local case involving a rural highway collision, we won over $6 million for the seven injured people. Call us today to discuss your case in a free, no-obligation consultation and learn how we can help you.