Whether it happens while you’re on a busy highway or waiting at a stoplight or stop sign, getting rear-ended can be a traumatic experience. Unfortunately, this sort of crash can make for challenging civil claims. Working with a winning attorney will be crucial to getting the compensation you deserve for suffering the consequences of someone else’s negligence.
Ostroff Godshall Injury and Accident Lawyers are ready to fight tirelessly for the payments you need. No matter how your wreck happened or what specific losses you experienced, working with our firm after a rear-end car accident in Quakertown will ease the legal process and increase your chances of a positive case result.
Proving Someone Else at Fault for a Rear-End Wreck
Contrary to popular belief, the rearmost driver in a rear-end auto accident isn’t always the person to blame. Courts won’t just assume that the rearmost driver is at fault when reviewing civil claims for these collisions. Instead, you and your Quakertown attorney must prove that someone else involved in your accident was legally negligent and that their negligence was the main cause of your injuries and losses.
Negligence has four components under Pennsylvania law:
- The existence of a “duty of care,” requiring the defendant (the person being sued) to act responsibly in specific ways. Every driver in the Commonwealth has a duty of care by virtue of driving on public roads.
- A specific reckless or careless “breach” of that duty, such as a traffic offense or distracted driving.
- Proof based on significant evidence that this breach of duty was the main cause of an accident that likely wouldn’t have happened otherwise.
- Proof that this accident was the main cause of all the “compensable losses” the plaintiff seeks payment for.
Our qualified lawyers in Quakertown can explain the process of proving negligence after a rear-end car crash during a free, no-obligation consultation.
Getting Paid for a Back-End Collision
If you and your attorney can prove someone else responsible for causing a rear-end car accident in Quakertown, you can hold them financially liable for every form of harm you’ve suffered and will likely suffer in the future due to the wreck. This can include losses like:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Any medical bills and vehicle damage not covered by insurance
- Psychological and emotional distress
- Lost work wages or working ability
- Loss of life’s pleasures
That said, your right to file a lawsuit after a crash may be limited depending on the type of car insurance policy you have, so it’s worth consulting a rear-end accident attorney before trying to pursue a claim on your own.
Talk to a Quakertown Attorney About a Rear-End Car Accident Lawsuit
Rear-end wrecks can lead to painful injuries like whiplash—or even life-altering damage to your spine, limbs, or brain. Anyone who causes a back-end collision by acting carelessly or recklessly should be held accountable for their actions. You should not have to pay for the consequences of someone else’s misconduct.
After a rear-end car accident in Quakertown, reach out to Ostroff Godshall Injury and Accident Lawyers for dedicated, experienced representation. Our legal professionals are well-known for winning cases just like yours. Additionally, you won’t owe us anything until we win compensation in your case, so don’t hesitate to call our firm today.