The Start of a Safer Year on Pennsylvania Roads?
Pennsylvania State Police have released accident information for the recent four day New Year’s holiday weekend. The results indicate a slight drop in holiday fatalities and injuries when compared to the 2010-2011 New Year’s Period.
Over the 2011-2012 New Year’s holiday weekend:
- State Police responded to 552 crashes. That is down from 693 accidents over the 2010-2011 New Year’s holiday period.
- 10 people died compared to 11 people last year.
- 172 people were injured compared to 220 people last year.
- 79 of the crashes were alcohol related.
- 285 arrests were made for driving under the influence.
- 3,408 speeding tickets were issued.
As a PA auto accident lawyer, I hope that this trend of fewer accidents, fewer injuries and fewer fatalities continues throughout 2012 and I wish everyone a Happy and Safe New Year.