More July 4 Holiday Accidents and Injuries this Year Than Last Year
The Pennsylvania State Police have released information about what happened on Pennsylvania roads over the July 4, 2012 holiday weekend. The number of fatalities, injuries, and accidents were all higher than they were over the July 4 2011 holiday weekend. Specifically, state police report that:
• Fatalities Increased. In 2012, nine people were killed. In 2011, seven people were killed.
• Injuries Increased. In 2012, 312 people were injured. In 2011, 303 people were injured.
• Accidents Increased. In, 2012 there were 845 crashes. In 2011, there were 723 crashes.
These numbers do not include accidents reported to local police and only reflect accidents reported to State Police.
Additionally, Pennsylvania State Police report that they:
• Responded to 85 drunk driving accidents that resulted in four (of the nine) deaths over the holiday weekend.
• Issued 7,888 speeding tickets.
• Citied 733 people for not wearing seatbelts and 107 people for not securing kids in appropriate car seats.
Our Pennsylvania injury accident attorneys wish everyone hurt in recent crashes a quick recovery and extend our sincere condolences to the loves ones of the people who lost their lives on Pennsylvania roads over the Independence Day holiday weekend.