When winning is the only option

Hit and Run Crash Q&A with Jon Ostroff


Hi, I’m John Ostroff. Thanks for visiting ostrofflaw.com. You’ve clicked on hit and run crashes. You’ve obviously got questions about that, I’m here to answer them.

If you’ve been involved in a crash with a driver that left the scene of the accident, there’s still hope for recovery for you if you were injured. If the car you were in or a member of your household has UM insurance, uninsured motorist coverage, that insurance applies when the person that causes the crash has no insurance or is unknown. So if you were in this situation and you have uninsured motorist coverage, we can go to your insurance company and get a recovery for you under that coverage.

You may have much more than you realize, especially if you have more cars in your house and you’ve chose stacking. Stacking will multiply the amount of UM coverage you’ve purchased by the number of cars in your household under your policy. It’s a great coverage to purchase. If you’re watching this and you’re wondering “What kind of insurance do I wanna get?” get UM, get UIM, get as much as you can afford. And UIM is under-insured motorist, if you’re hurt by someone with not enough insurance. But make sure to buy these coverages. They protect you not only from people without enough insurance, or no insurance, but if you’ve been injured by someone that leaves the scene of an accident.

Also, there’s often times other causes to a crash than the driver that fled. There might be something about the road design or your vehicle that made your injuries worse. These are other places that an experienced law firm will look to obtain a greater recovery for their clients. We do it all the time. So if you’ve been the victim of a hit and run crash, don’t lose hope. We might be able to help you, and I’d love to speak to you. I hope I answered your questions. Thanks.

  • Categories

  • Statewide Personal Injury Results
  • Get Started For Free

    Get started for free with our no obligation consultation if you think you may have a case. If we do accept your case, you pay us nothing until we successfully recover money for you! Find out how we can help.

    Start Live Chat

    We’re available 24/7. Click to chat with a live representative now.


    Discuss your case with a personal injury attorney. Call us at (484) 351-0350 to learn if we can help you.

    Free Case Evaluation

    Get started by scheduling your case evaluation.