Can you sue for pain and suffering with limited tort?

Can you sue for pain and suffering with limited tort?

There is a myth that Limited Tort means no compensation for pain and suffering. The truth us that there are several important exceptions to limited tort. You may still be able to obtain money for your pain and suffering.

Soon after an accident, long before the seriousness of your injuries are known, your insurance adjuster will try and talk you out of seeking a recovery because you chose limited tort.

If your injuries turn out to be more serious, such as a herniated disc in your back or neck, if you need surgery, or if you suffer from any physical problems that last long enough, you may still be able to recover for your pain and suffering.

If the following apply to you, you are entitled to be paid for your pain and suffering, even if you chose limited tort!

  • You were hit by an out of state driver
  • The at-fault driver was driving drunk
  • You were not in a private automobile at the time of your accident (for instance you were a pedestrian when you were injured or you were on a motorcycle)

Call Jon Ostroff at Ostroff Injury Law and let Jon review your situation with you.

It may not be clear yet whether your injuries are serious enough for you to be paid for your pain and suffering. Jon will work with you and handle your case until the full extent of your injuries can be determined. You will only pay Ostroff Injury Law if and when you recover money.